The Cybex Priam 3 is the newest release in Cybex’s iconic Priam luxury stroller line. As an urban stroller designed for navigating crowded city streets and public transportation, it’s built to be lightweight yet durable.
This in-depth review will cover all the key features and performance of the Cybex Priam 3 to help you determine if it’s the right fit for your family.
- Overview of Cybex as a Company
- Introducing the Cybex Priam 3
- Pros and Cons of the Cybex Priam 3 Stroller
- Review of Key Components and Features
- Real-World Performance and Everyday Use of Cybex e-priam
- How Does the Priam 3 Compare to Other Popular Luxury Strollers?
- Conclusion: A Top Contender for Urban Parents
Overview of Cybex as a Company
Cybex is a German company that designs high-end strollers, car seats, and baby gear. They are known for sleek European styling combined with innovative features and thoughtful designs.
Founded in 2005, Cybex is a relative newcomer to the baby gear industry compared to legacy brands like Bugaboo, Maclaren, and UPPAbaby. However, they have quickly become a favorite among luxury-minded parents.
Some standout facts about Cybex:
- Design-focused: Their products feature modern styling from leading designers that blend form with function.
- Safety-first: Cybex car seats are renowned for their use of innovative safety technology and rigorous crash testing. This applies across their product line.
- German engineering: Products are engineered in Germany to high standards, with a focus on quality components and durability.
- City living: Many Cybex strollers are optimized for parents navigating crowded urban areas.
The Priam stroller line is Cybex’s flagship luxury model. The Priam 3 incorporates the latest updates and innovations from Cybex.
Introducing the Cybex Priam 3
The Cybex Priam 3 is Cybex’s newest incarnation of the Priam luxury stroller. As the urban option in the Priam line, it’s designed for city-dwelling families needing a nimble yet durable stroller.
Key features of the Priam 3 include:
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Reversible seat
- Adjustable handlebar and leg rest
- Extra large canopy with added sun visor
- All-wheel suspension and air-filled tires
- One-hand compact fold
- Car seat compatibility
- Modern color options
This third-generation Priam builds upon the strengths of earlier models. Cybex improved maneuverability, expanded seat options, and added more canopy coverage.
This stroller accommodates children from birth through the toddler years. An infant car seat can be attached to the frame to use with a newborn.
As your child grows, the seat converts to a forward or parent-facing toddler seat. This adaptability is a major perk for parents seeking a single stroller that grows with their family.
Pros and Cons of the Cybex Priam 3 Stroller
- Durable yet lightweight aluminum frame: Weighs only 19 lbs but is built to last.
- Reversible seat with multiple recline positions: Allows baby to face inward or outward and nap comfortably.
- Huge canopy with pop-out visor: Provides ample sun and rain protection.
- Car seat compatible right from birth: Use with an infant car seat without adapters.
- Superior maneuverability: Swiveling front wheels and suspension allow tight turns and smooth handling.
- Adjustable handlebar and leg rest: Accommodate parents of different heights and keep children comfy.
- Easy access fold: Standing fold for easy storing on the go.
- Basket access is tight when the seat is reclined: Hard to access under the seat basket if the seat is laid back.
- Compact fold takes practice: Folding sequence has a learning curve.
- Very high price point: extremely expensive for most families.
- Limited color options: Only 4 color choices, some more muted than other brands.
Current Priam 3 color options include:
- Autumn Gold
- Midnight Blue
- Refined Coal
- Manhattan Gray
Review of Key Components and Features
Let’s dive into the main parts of the Priam 3 stroller to see how it’s constructed and performs in real-world use.
The Priam 3 frame is made from lightweight aluminum that only weighs around 19 lbs.
While aluminum doesn’t have the shock-absorbing properties of steel, Cybex compensated with adjustable suspension in the wheels.
The front swivel wheels have all-direction suspension along with the rear wheel springs. Together this allows the stroller to glide smoothly over bumps and cracks in the sidewalk.
Maneuvering the Priam 3 is effortless thanks to the swiveling front wheels and well-balanced frame. The weight and proportions make it easy to push and turn with one hand.
Parents will also appreciate the adjustable handlebar, which extends from 39” to 43” from the ground. This accommodates moms and dads of different heights.
Folding the Priam 3 takes two hands and a few steps to master. But once you learn the motions, the frame reliably locks into place. Standing it upright makes storage a cinch.
In summary, the Priam 3 frame:
- Constructed from durable yet lightweight aluminum
- The suspension system provides a smooth ride
- Easy to steer and push one-handed
- The handlebar adjusts for the parents’ height
- Compact one-hand fold stands upright for storage
The Reversible Seat
The roomy Priam 3 seat can hold a child up to 55 pounds.
It easily reverses directions to face toward or away from the parent with a flick of a lever.
The seat reclines to a near-flat position by squeezing a handle behind the seat. There are multiple angles to recline between upright and flat.
Ventilation panels in the seat back help air circulate to keep your child cool. The padded cushion is also removable and machine washable.
Safety is ensured with a 5-point harness that adjusts together as your toddler grows. Simply slide up the shoulder straps and crotch buckle together.
Reasons to love the Priam 3 seat:
- Reverses direction in one easy step
- Multi-position recline for napping on the go
- Ventilation panels reduce sweatiness
- Machine washable seat pad
- The 5-point harness adjusts together as the child grows
The extra large SPF 50+ canopy on the Priam 3 provides ample protection from the sun’s rays.
It also has a zip-down eyeshade that gives extra coverage for naps or blocking low afternoon sun. The eyeshade tucks into a hidden pocket when not in use.
The canopy extends far down towards the bumper bar for full coverage. Taller parents can push it out further since the handlebar raises up.
There’s also a mesh peek-a-boo window with magnetic closure. This gives airflow and the ability to quietly check on your sleeping baby.
- Extra large canopy with UV 50+ protection
- Eyeshade inside gives added coverage
- The canopy extends fully over the seat
- Mesh window for ventilation and viewing
Folding and Unfolding
Learning the folding sequence takes time and practice on the Priam 3. But once you master it, the motions become second nature.
To fold, first recline the seat fully and pull up on the handle behind the seat. Then use your foot to lift and release the folding lock.
Next, push forward on the handlebar while pulling up on the strap in the center of the seat. The front wheels will tuck under and the frame will collapse.
Small wheels and a carry handle make the folded Priam 3 easy to lift into a car trunk or roll onto a bus or train. It also stands on its own for compact storage at home.
Unfolding is quicker – simply release the folding lock and let the frame pop open on its own. Then extend the handlebar and you’re ready to roll.
Folding the Priam 3 takes 5 steps:
- Fully recline seat
- Release the folding lock with the foot
- Push handlebar forward
- Pull up fold strap
- The collapsed stroller will stand upright
Unfolding is easy:
- Release folding lock
- Frame automatically unfolds
- Extend handlebar
Extra Features and Add-Ons
- Rain cover included: The included rain cover protects your child from wind and rain during inclement weather.
- Insect/mosquito net: Keep annoying bugs away with this handy net accessory.
- Underseat basket: There’s decent storage below the seat for a diaper bag or groceries. Access is best with the seat upright.
- Car seat compatibility: Easily click in a Cybex or other major car seat brand without adapters.
- Adjustable leg rest: Adding some recline to the leg rest keeps napping toddlers comfortable.
- Reflectors: Low-light reflectors provide visibility for evening strolls.
- Cup holder: A cup holder by the handlebar gives parents a spot for keys, phones, water bottles, or coffee.
Real-World Performance and Everyday Use of Cybex e-priam
To gauge how the Priam 3 performs on a daily basis, it helps to hear from parents who use it for errands, commuting, and family outings:
We live in Brooklyn and don’t have a car. The Priam’s nimble handling and smooth ride make it perfect for busy sidewalks, crowded Trader Joe’s, and bumpy subway platforms.
The takeaway from parents? The Priam 3 has excellent maneuverability around crowded urban areas where agility is key. It handles well with extra weight loaded on too.
The smooth ride quality prevents jostling precious cargo over bumpy terrain. The adjustable handlebar plus standing fold make life easier on tall or short parents.
How Does the Priam 3 Compare to Other Popular Luxury Strollers?
The Priam 3 faces stiff competition from other premium strollers in the $1,000+ price range. How does it stack up?
Cybex Priam 3 vs Bugaboo Fox 2
The Bugaboo Fox 2 is another coveted lightweight stroller designed for urban use. Let’s compare the Priam 3 to the Fox 2:
|Cybex Priam 3||Bugaboo Fox 2|
|19 lb aluminum frame||17.6 lb aluminum frame|
|Reversible seat||Reversible seat|
|Larger maximum seat capacity of 55 lbs||Max seat capacity 48.5 lbs|
|Adjustable handlebar||Fixed handlebar|
|Larger canopy with pop-out eyeshade||Smaller canopy, no extra visor|
|Car seat compatible with adapters||Car seat compatible with adapters|
|Basket access is fixed||Basket access adjusts with seat position|
The Priam 3 edges out the Fox 2 with its larger seat capacity, adjustable handlebar, and more expansive canopy.
Cybex Priam 3 vs UPPAbaby Vista
Next, let’s see how the Priam 3 measures up against the UPPAbaby Vista:
|Cybex Priam 3||UPPAbaby Vista|
|19 lb aluminum frame||26 lb steel frame|
|55 lb max weight capacity||50 lb max capacity|
|Standing fold||Bassinet option|
|All-wheel suspension||Front/rear wheel suspension|
|Expands with add-ons||Expands with add-ons|
|Reversible seat||Reversible seat|
The Priam 3 wins for its lighter frame, higher weight capacity, and gravity standing fold.
Cybex Priam 3 vs Nuna MIXX
Finally, the Nuna MIXX is another flexible inline stroller like the Priam 3:
|Cybex Priam 3||Nuna MIXX|
|Aluminum frame||Aluminum frame|
|Reclining seat||Flat sleeping seat|
|Larger seat capacity up to 55 lbs||Capacity up to 50 lbs|
|Telescoping handlebar||Set handlebar height|
|Rain cover included||No rain cover|
|Car seat compatible||Car seat compatible|
|Easy compact standing fold||Easy two-handed fold|
The Priam 3 excels with its higher weight capacity, adjustable handlebar, and included rain cover.
Based on these comparisons, the Priam 3 holds its own against the top strollers in its price range. The combination of thoughtful design, premium components, and urban-friendly features make it very appealing for city families.
Conclusion: A Top Contender for Urban Parents
The Cybex Priam 3 luxury stroller clearly lives up to the “urban” part of its product positioning. This stroller is optimized for parents needing to deftly maneuver through crowded cities.
From its lightweight maneuverability to its bump-absorbing suspension, the Priam 3 handles the toughest urban terrain with grace.
The adaptable seat accommodates children from the infant through the toddler years. And it’s packed with details like an extra large canopy and adjustable handlebar that make parenting on the go more comfortable.
Yes, the price tag is jaw-dropping. But you can’t ignore the thoughtful engineering and quality components that set it apart.
For city parents seeking a high-end stroller that can adapt as their family grows while handling tight spaces with ease, the Cybex Priam 3 is an excellent choice. It meets the needs of urban families better than almost any other single stroller on the market today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Cybex e-Priam 3 Stroller
What is the Cybex Priam 3’s weight capacity?
The Priam 3 has a generous weight capacity of up to 55 pounds. This allows it to accommodate children from birth through the toddler years.
How much does the Cybex Priam 3 weigh?
The Priam 3 weighs approximately 19 pounds. Its lightweight aluminum frame makes it easy to lift and maneuver.
Does the Cybex Priam 3 have an adjustable handlebar?
Yes, the Priam 3 has an adjustable handlebar that telescopes from 39” up to 43” from the ground. This enables parents of varying heights to push comfortably.
Can the Cybex Priam 3 seat face both ways?
The Priam 3 has a reversible seat that can switch between facing toward or away from the parent with one simple maneuver.
How many recline positions does the Priam 3 seat have?
The seat can recline fully flat in multiple adjustable positions. This allows your child to nap comfortably on the go.
Is the Cybex Priam 3 foldable?
Yes, the Priam 3 folds up into a compact standing fold. This makes it easy to store in small spaces or take on public transportation.
Does the Priam 3 have suspension?
It has adjustable all-wheel suspension and air-filled tires for shock absorption. This makes the ride smooth even on uneven urban terrain.
Is the Cybex Priam 3 car seat compatible?
The Priam 3 is compatible with Cybex infant car seats as well as other major brands like Nuna, Chicco, and Maxi-Cosi. The car seat clicks directly into the frame.
What accessories are included with the Cybex Priam 3?
A rain cover, insect/mosquito net, cup holder, and underseat storage basket are included with the Priam 3.