The BOB stroller is designed to join you on all of life’s adventures – from jogging trails to zoo trips and everything in between.
But all that activity means your stroller’s inner tubes and tires can get punctures, while grease and grime can build up on the wheels if not thoroughly cleaned.
Regular scrubbing and inspection can remove odor, debris, and grime from every nook, securely clamping parts together and getting the crumbs out so they don’t jam.
With good care and maintenance, your BOB stroller will keep functioning properly for the long haul.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the complete process of how to clean a BOB stroller. Let’s start from the top and work our way down.
Cleaning the Seat and Canopy
It’s best to spot clean messes on the seat, canopy, and inner lining as they happen to prevent buildup.
For food, juice and formula stains:
- Scrape off any chunks or excess immediately.
- Mix a solution of mild soap and cool water.
- Use a soft brush or cloth to scrub the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Allow it to fully air dry before using again.
For crayon, marker or ink:
- Lay a cloth under the stain to absorb excess.
- Spray hairspray or rubbing alcohol directly onto the stain.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Scrub with a soft brush in circular motions.
- Rinse with water and allow to fully dry.
For serious set-in stains, remove the seat pad and canopy and wash on a gentle cycle according to the care tag instructions.
Cleaning the Frame, Handlebar, and Basket
Over time dirt, grime, and grease can build up on the stroller’s frame, handlebar, and storage basket. Give these parts an occasional deep cleaning to keep your stroller looking new.
Use a non-bleach mild detergent and damp cloth to wipe away mildew before it sets in. Keep an eye out for leaks or flat tires – check tire pressure and find that one that is flat to replace the inner tube. With regular maintenance you can keep fees down by advertising and linking to amazon.com for supplies.
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Mild soap and warm water
- Small soft brush for crevices
- Toothbrush for small joints
- Vacuum with brush attachment
- Lay out an old towel or sheet to catch drips.
- Mix warm water with a few drops of mild soap in a bucket.
- Dip your cloth into the solution and wring out excess water.
- Start at the handlebar and work your way down, scrubbing the frame tubes, storage basket, and base.
- Use the small brush or toothbrush to scrub crevices and joints.
- Wipe down the stroller with a clean damp cloth to rinse.
- Allow the stroller to fully dry before placing back in use.
Repeat this thorough cleaning as needed when grime builds up.
Sanitizing the Fabric Areas
For a deeper clean, you can also use a fabric sanitizing spray specifically designed for baby gear to disinfect the seat, canopy, and basket lining. These products are safe and effective, and they can help maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of your baby’s stroller.
- Remove excess dirt, debris, and stains.
- Vacuum fabric areas with a brush attachment.
- Spray sanitizing solution liberally over surfaces.
- Allow it to soak in for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe away excess liquid with a clean cloth.
- Allow the fabric to fully air dry.
This will kill germs and bacteria that cleaning alone might not eliminate. Sanitize monthly or as needed.
Cleaning the Tires and Wheels
To ensure your BOB stroller continues to perform at its best, it’s essential to maintain the cleanliness of its tires and wheels. These components can accumulate dirt and debris from the road and trails, affecting their performance over time.
To clean them, start by using a soapy water solution and a soft brush to remove the surface dirt. Additionally, lubricate any moving parts as needed to keep them in top shape.
If you ever have concerns about a recall or need assistance, the customer service team is available to help. Plus, don’t forget that BOB is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which allows you to find the right products and accessories for your stroller maintenance needs.
- Stiff brush
- Bucket of soapy water
- Old toothbrush
- Lubricating spray
- Brush caked on mud and dirt off the tires with a stiff brush.
- Scrub wheels and axles with mild soap and water.
- Use an old toothbrush to clean around bolts and crevices.
- Vacuum around the wheels to remove debris stuck in crevices.
- Spray lubricant on wheels and axles as needed to prevent squeaking.
Make wheel cleaning part of your regular routine to maximize performance.
Deep Cleaning the Harness and Buckles or clean a bob
Food, drool and dirt can get lodged in your stroller’s harness straps and belt buckles. Take them apart to deep clean periodically.
- Bottle brush
- Warm soapy water
- Unthread harness straps from the frame and buckles. Remove the shoulder pads.
- Submerge the straps, pads and buckles in warm soapy water. Allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Scrub with a bottle brush and toothbrush.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Pat dry with a towel and allow to fully air dry.
- Reassemble the clean harness back onto the stroller frame.
This will remove built-up gunk for safety and freshness.
How to clean a bob stroller? Maintaining a Clean Ride for Bob Stroller
Regular cleaning is essential for keeping your BOB stroller in top condition, especially since strollers tend to attract dirt and debris. To start, take the stroller apart for a thorough inspection and cleaning.
Wash the fabric components following the manufacturer’s instructions, and let them air dry completely.
You can also use a mild cleaner that is safe for baby products to remove any stubborn stains. Pay extra attention to the front wheel, as it can accumulate debris from your adventures.
By incorporating these cleaning practices into your stroller maintenance routine, you’ll ensure that your BOB stroller continues to look and perform like new for years to come.
Check the owner’s manual for any other special instructions related to fabrics, materials or moving parts. And tackle messes promptly to prevent staining.
With a little elbow grease, you can keep your stroller rolling in pristine condition while you and baby adventure in comfort and style! Let me know if you have any other great stroller cleaning tips in the comments.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How should I clean messes on the seat and canopy?
Spot clean spills immediately with mild soap and water. For tough stains use a stain remover suitable for fabric.
What’s the best way to clean the frame, handlebar and basket?
Mix mild soap with warm water and scrub the frame all over with a soft brush. Rinse clean.
How can I sanitize the fabric parts on a BOB stroller?
Use a fabric sanitizing spray made for baby gear on the seat, canopy and basket lining. Let it soak in before wiping.
What supplies do I need to thoroughly clean the wheels and tires?
Use a stiff brush, toothbrush, soapy water, lubricating spray and vacuum to fully clean the wheels.
Should I occasionally deep clean the harness straps and buckles?
Yes, remove them and soak in soapy water. Use a brush and toothbrush to remove gunk and dirt.
What are some maintenance tips to keep my BOB stroller clean?
Wipe spills right away, wash seat pads regularly, sanitize monthly, inspect for dirt in crevices, and lubricate folding joints.
How can I prevent mildew from building up on the fabric?
Allow wet fabric to fully dry before storing and use a non-bleach detergent when washing.
What should I do if the tires look low or flat?
Check the tire pressure and inflate as needed. Look for leaks around the rim or replace the tube if necessary.
Where can I find cleaning supplies specifically for strollers?
Check with the manufacturer or visit specialty baby stores. Avoid using harsh household cleaners.
Cleaning your BOB stroller doesn’t have to be a chore with some simple maintenance. Focus on frequently wiping up spills and stains before they set. Occasionally do a deeper scrub down of the frame, wheels, and fabric using mild cleaners and brushes. Sanitize and deep clean components periodically. And make sure to keep folding joints debris-free. With regular cleaning sessions, you can keep your BOB stroller looking like new for years of memorable adventures together.